Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
To identify, diagnose and repair maintenance issues as they related to Regal Service equipment. This includes but is not limited to road tractors and trailers.
Responsibilities and Duties
Employee is responsible for:
• Review the Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) and complete the necessary repairs.
• To inspect the equipment for unseen problems and make necessary corrections.
• Service equipment and time intervals dictate. This includes filters, oil grease and all associated aspects of different service levels.
• To keep grease and dirt out of vehicles while conducting repairs.
• Communicate when parts inventory has been depleted so additional inventory can be reordered.
• Communicate when parts are needed to complete a repair so shop supervisor is aware and parts order is placed.
• To complete legible work orders including all parts and equipment used in completing the work.
• To comply with all Federal, State and Local laws governing our operation.
• To comply with all company and safety policies set forth in the Employee and Mechanics Manual(s).
• To maintain a calm and professional attitude with fellow employees and customers.
• Test drive equipment to verify repairs have been completed and deficiency has been corrected.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Thorough understanding of diagnostic equipment.
• Thorough understanding of floor jacks and other lifting equipment.
• Knowledge of proper blocking/bracing of equipment when lifting.
• Thorough understanding of pneumatic equipment and their safe operation.
• The use of PPE when conditions require.
• To wear company uniforms as prescribed.
• Must have hand tools. Ratchets up to ¾ inch drive, screw drivers, wrenches, and other basic tools.
• Must have a clean MVR.
• A class A CDL is recommended.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to understand directions.
• Must speak and understand English language.
• Must submit to a pre-employment drug analysis and quarterly random drug/alcohol analysis.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to open and close doors to standard, over-the-road dry & temperature controlled trailers
• Able to tolerate all weather conditions
• To maintain an acceptable level of personal hygiene.
• Must be able to enter a trailer from the ground.
• Must be able to crank dolly legs up and down.
I have read the above and understand what is required of my employment.