Job Title: Forklift Operator/Warehouseman
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
To safely transport product via forklift. Product will be transported to/from assigned locations and to/from tractor trailers. Attendance and punctuality are required for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
Employee is responsible for:
- Operate the forklift in a timely and professional manner in accordance with OSHA laws.
- Safely maneuver forklift at varying speeds and in tight loading dock areas.
- Support internal equipment maintenance records, files and/or paperwork required for regulatory compliance with the state, federal government and company. EXAMPLE:
- Inspect forklift for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after each shift in accordance with OSHA laws. Complete Forklift Operator’s Daily Inspection Sheet.
- Submit complete, neat and accurate paperwork for each trailer unloaded.
- Ensure trailer cleanliness (free from debris, nails, etc.) before loading with product.
- Perform daily equipment checks, such as recharging batteries, etc.
- Loading, unloading, shipping and receiving warehouse items.
- Transporting materials to different locations within the facility.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage.
- Managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment.
- Picking and wrapping orders for shipments.
- Identifying workplace hazards.
- Adhering to safety management standards.
- Adhering to production schedule.
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses to the shift manager immediately, including personal injury.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all company rules governing cell phones, warehouse operations and all other relative processes.
- Maintain a safe work environment according to all department procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Greater than 10 years forklift experience plus strict adherence to the JAW specific training
- Greater than 10 years warehouse environment experience
- Good math skills and basic computer skills
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Knowledge and experience in using RF scanner
- Clean driving record and valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lifting, adjusting body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot and stand for long period of time.
- Able to open and close doors to standard, over-the-road dry & temperature-controlled trailers and ocean containers
- Able to tolerate all weather conditions
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)